[parsec-users] I wonder where can I find a "purely" serial version of Canneal, x264, or vips?

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:47:19 EST 2012

vips has a pure serial mode. You need to configure it with
--disable-threads. I don't know how easy this is to do with he parsec build
system.

On Thursday, 9 February 2012, Justin Zhang <jzz at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to calculate my program's speedup by comparing the running
time of the parallel version and the serial version. But it seems the above
three programs cannot be made "purely" serial, because I cannot remove
stuff like atomic pointer or thread group from them. I can only set the
number of threads to 1, but that will still give me all the overhead of
parallel stuff, right? I wonder if anyone has a purely serial version to
share?