[parsec-users] Thread Creation in VIPS

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:12:38 EST 2012

Yes, vips has a threadpool type called threadgroup which is used to
calculate pixels. The workers are made by threadgroup_thread_new() in
vips/libsrc/iofuncs/threadgroup.c using g_thread_create_full().
Threads are also made for write-behind, but they are less important.

Using gthread makes vips portable to Windows.

John