[parsec-users] Thread Creation in VIPS

ef snorlaxgb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:38:40 EST 2012

 I have statically compiled all benchmarks to run in M5. In
blackscholes,dedup,canneal,fluidanimate I am able to disassemble the
binaries and locate where the pthread library is. I am able to keep track
in a assembly language level when threads are created and what thread is
dependent on others.

However with VIPS, facesim and others I am unable to do this. It is as if
the pthread library (when statically compiled) is no longer in the
binaries. I even whet ahead in glibc and started printing hooks into
pthread_create.c, and when I run VIPS and  Facesim and some others, it
doesn't print anything (works in others such as blackscholes).

Does anyone know what is going on? One thing I noticed is these pthread
libaries are being integrated in these benchmarks like a wrapper in Object
oriented format.