[parsec-users] Input Set Size

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed May 9 09:41:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

You can try simlarge.

The criteria of the execution time of different input set is as follows:

1) native     ~15 mins
2) simlarge  ~ 15 seconds
3) simmedium  ~ 4 seconds
4) simsmall   ~ 1 second

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "ef" <snorlaxgb at gmail.com>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 11:22:36 PM
Subject: [parsec-users] Input Set Size

Hello,
Is there a rule of thumb to what size the input should be when running simulations?

I assume whether N=4-64...simsmall should never be used to gather results for simulation.

What about Sim Medium ? Can that be used to gather meaningful data for 4-64 cores? What should you use Sim large?

I am aiming to use the smallest most accurate input size due to the amount of computation time it takes.