[parsec-users] freqmine: segmentation fault on simlarge input

Amittai Aviram amittai.aviram at yale.edu
Wed May 16 21:10:37 EDT 2012

Hi, Joe!  Thank you very much for your comments.  One clarification, please--

On May 16, 2012, at 9:01 PM, Joseph Greathouse wrote:

> It's also worth nothing that this function also contains a data race that has not been publicly patched yet. The uses of release_node_array_before_mining() and release_node_array_after_mining() within FP_growth_first() should actually be OMP Critical regions.
>
> You could try adding "#pragma omp critical" before each of the calls to those functions. I never sat down and figured out the possible errors that this data race could cause (I don't think it would cause your crashes), but it's worth testing.

In my source (PARSEC 2.1), there is an "omp critical" region _inside_ each of release_node_array_before_mining and release_node_array_after_mining.  Does your source not have those pragmas?  Or do you mean that the critical region should have extended further out by starting before each call and ending after it?

Thanks!

Amittai