[parsec-users] Welcome to the "parsec-users" mailing list

Anselmo Nhane anselmo.nhane at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:07:28 EDT 2012

Dear all

I am new in Linux and i have to use to Learn PARSEC

I am getting errors following the PARSEC tutorial.
/usr/bin/g++: Command not found
make: *** [all] Error 127

[PARSEC] Error: 'env version=serial /usr/bin/make' failed.

More from:
(1) With canneal:

alonhane at alonhane-laptop:~/prsc2/parsec-2.1$ parsecmgmt -a build -p canneal
-c gcc-serial
[PARSEC] Packages to build:  canneal

[PARSEC] [========== Building package canneal ==========]
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package canneal ----------]
[PARSEC] canneal does not depend on any other packages.
[PARSEC] [---------- Building package canneal ----------]
[PARSEC] Copying source code of package canneal.
[PARSEC] Running 'env version=serial /usr/bin/make':
/usr/bin/g++ -O3 -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fpermissive
-fno-exceptions -static-libgcc -Wl,--hash-style=both,--as-needed
-DPARSEC_VERSION=2.1 annealer_thread.cpp -c -o annealer_thread.o
make: /usr/bin/g++: Command not found
make: *** [all] Error 127
[PARSEC] Error: 'env version=serial /usr/bin/make' failed.

-----

I try to find a solution but someone suggest me to set g++ in
bin/config/gcc.bldconf

I am not clear on the solution
My gcc.bldconf file configuration for Ubunto:

 # Linux + default case

  # CC_HOME is installation root of the C compiler
  #export CC_HOME="/n/fs/parsec/local/gcc-4.4.0-static"
export CC_HOME="/usr"
  # BINUTIL_HOME is installation root of the GNU binutils
  export BINUTIL_HOME="/usr"
  # GNUTOOL_HOME is installation root of the GNU tools
  export GNUTOOL_HOME="/usr"
  # BINARY_PREFIX is the string which is used as prefix for the GNU binaries
  export BINARY_PREFIX=""
;;
esac

# Compilers and preprocessors