[parsec-users] parsec-users Digest, Vol 58, Issue 9

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Nov 28 01:13:02 EST 2012

Hi Dmitry,

You are not supposed to manually generate your own config files by copying "gcc.bldconf". It should be automatically by just running "bldconfadd". This is indeed a bug in the current beta version.
We will fix it in a coming update version soon.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmitry Vyukov" <dvyukov at google.com>
To: "PARSEC Users" <parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:53:12 PM
Subject: Re: [parsec-users] parsec-users Digest, Vol 58, Issue 9

Hi Yungang,

What must be in that file?
How now I've just created an empty file and it seems to work.

So, I am able to build/run some benchmarks with clang and our target
tool (ThreadSanitizer, a data race detector). Great!

Another small question. I've created my config 'tsan', and now when I run
$ parsecmgmt -a build -p ferret -c tsan
it says:
[PARSEC] Error: Cannot find local build configuration 'tsan.bldconf'
for package parsec.ferret.

Currently I just copy local gcc.bldconf to tsan.bldconf. It works, but
somewhat inconvenient. Is it what I am supposed to do?

Does it make sense to report here broken code (fails to compile) or
buggy code in the benchmarks?