[parsec-users] How to increase Parsec simulation time

Yungang Bao ybao at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Nov 28 21:07:53 EST 2012

Hi Greg,

The inputs of ferret are images and the execution time depends on the number of images. So if you want to increase the execution time, you can add more images into the input set. For example, copy some existing images and rename them.

Best Regards,
Yungang

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Shieh" <greg.shieh at gmail.com>
To: parsec-users at lists.cs.princeton.edu
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:12:41 AM
Subject: [parsec-users] How to increase Parsec simulation time

Hi,

I did Parsec simulation with ferret and the execution time was only about 5 minutes.
How can I adjust the parameters so I can collect more data?

Thanks.

Greg

parsecmgmt -a build -p ferret

parsecmgmt -a run -p ferret -i native

(3500,3499)
(3500,3500)
QUERY TIME: 324.102 seconds

real 5m24.184s
user 6m50.439s
sys 0m1.278s
[PARSEC] [---------- End of output ----------]
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] BIBLIOGRAPHY
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] [1] Bienia. Benchmarking Modern Multiprocessors. Ph.D. Thesis, 2011.
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] Done.