[parsec-users] Problem compiling network benchmarks

George Kurian georgekurian.086 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 13:20:22 EDT 2013

OS: Debian Squeeze (Linux)
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5460 (Penryn)
gcc version 4.4.5
glibc version 2.11.3

Also, is there a place where I can find any scalability studies you have
done for these benchmarks?

Thanks,
-George

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Yungang Bao <ybao at cs.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> It seems that the directory "include/unknown" does not exist. Can you
> provide more information on the platform you are using? E.g., CPU, OS, etc.
>
> Best,
> Yungang
>
> On Apr 3, 2013, at 8:42 AM, George Kurian <gkurian at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am getting an error when compiling any of the network benchmarks
> (netdedup, netferret and netstreamcluster). The error occurs when compiling
> the uptcpip library. Any suggestions to fix this?
>
> *$ parsecmgmt -a build -p uptcpip -c gcc*
>
> [PARSEC] [========== Building package parsec.uptcpip [] ==========]
> [PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package parsec.uptcpip ----------]
> [PARSEC] parsec.uptcpip does not depend on any other packages.
> [PARSEC] [---------- Building package parsec.uptcpip ----------]
> [PARSEC] Copying source code of package parsec.uptcpip.
> [PARSEC] Running 'env /usr/bin/make':
> cp: cannot stat `include/unknown': No such file or directory
> make: *** [uptcp] Error 1
> [PARSEC] Error: 'env /usr/bin/make' failed.
>
> Thanks,
> -George

George Kurian
5th year Graduate Student,
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL),
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.