[parsec-users] Problem compiling network benchmarks

George Kurian georgekurian.086 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:02:46 EDT 2013

Thanks, I was able to compile using this, but I get a segmentation fault
when running the benchmark netferret. This is only seen with large numbers
of threads. The reason I want it working with large numbers of threads is
because I eventually want to port it to a simulator. Here is what I get
with 32 threads and the simmedium input. Looks like the server has crashed.
Do you know what's wrong?

  Enter PARSEC TCPIP ROI
(1,1)
(2,2)
(3,3)
(4,4)
(5,5)
(6,6)
(7,7)
(8,8)
(9,9)
(10,10)
(11,11)
(12,12)
(13,13)
(14,14)
(15,15)
(16,16)
(17,17)
(18,18)
(19,19)
(20,20)
(21,21)
(22,22)
(23,23)
(24,24)
/afs/
csail.mit.edu/u/g/gkurian/benchmarks/parsec-3.0/pkgs/netapps/netferret/inst/amd64-linux.gcc/bin/run.sh:
line 77:  6225 Segmentation fault      /afs/
csail.mit.edu/u/g/gkurian/benchmarks/parsec-3.0/pkgs/netapps/netferret/inst/amd64-linux.gcc/bin/servercorel
lsh 10 20 32

Thanks,
-George