[parsec-users] some questions about ferret

Benzhi Cao caobenzhi0915 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 04:06:16 EST 2013

Hi, recently I use the parsec benchmark suite to do performance testing, I
know the ferret benchmark is based on ferret toolkit.  And I have some
questions about ferret , explains as follows:
There are six stages in ferret,including load, Image segmentation,  Feature
extraction, Indexing , Ranking and out. And in the source code, you
declares different variables for the number of threads for different stages
like: NTHREAD_SEG, NTHREAD_EXTRACT, NTHREAD_VEC, NTHREAD_RANK. So my
question is: 1)Does ferret often be used in a way that  the number of
threads for different stages are different? 2)If it was true, can you give
me an example and explain why?
Thanks a lot, any help would be appreciated~

Best
Emily