[parsec-users] some questions about ferret

kishore kumar kishoreguptaos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 11:27:10 EST 2013

Does ferret often be used in a way that  the number of threads for
different stages are different?
Ferret uses one thread for first and last stages. For the 4 middle stages
it uses N threads, where N is the command line parameter. Please see the
paper "Thread Reinforcer: Dynamically Determining Threads via OS level
monitoring". You can find this at
http://parsec.cs.princeton.edu/publications.htm

This paper explains more about ferret.

Best,