[parsec-users] some questions about ferret

Jim Dempsey jim at quickthreadprogramming.com
Mon Dec 23 08:44:49 EST 2013

For some applications, like ferret, the processing can be setup in stages,
also called a pipeline, whereby processing can be performed concurrently in
multiple stages. Some parallel programming paradigms are task model (TBB)
while others are thread model (pThreads). When using thread model paradigms,
you want to tune the thread loads such that no stage has threads waiting.
Pipelining can also reduce the buffering requirements.

Jim Dempsey