[parsec-users] I was unable to run the parsec.facesim component of parsec 3.0 because the input directory is not present in the release tar.

Kim Jarvis kim.jarvis at tpfsystems.com
Tue Jan 1 10:14:34 EST 2013

I was unable to run the parsec.facesim component of parsec 3.0 because
the input directory is not present in the release tar.
Downloaded on 30 Dec 2012.

The benchmark input directory parsec-3.0/pkgs/apps/facesim/run does not
contain input.
The parsec-3.0/pkgs/apps/facesim/inputs directory is not present in the
parsec 3.0 release tar.

 >parsecmgmt -a run -i simsmall -p parsec.facesim -c gcc
[PARSEC] Benchmarks to run:  parsec.facesim

[PARSEC] [========== Running benchmark parsec.facesim [1] ==========]
[PARSEC] Deleting old run directory.
[PARSEC] Setting up run directory.
[PARSEC] No archive for input 'simsmall' available, skipping input setup.
[PARSEC] Running 'time
/home/kim/parsec-3.0/pkgs/apps/facesim/inst/amd64-linux.gcc/bin/facesim
-timing -threads 1':
[PARSEC] [---------- Beginning of output ----------]
PARSEC Benchmark Suite Version 3.0-beta-20120904
Creating directory using system("mkdir -p
Storytelling/output")...Successful!
Simulation                                        Can't open
./Face_Data/Eftychis_840k/Front_370k/face_simulation_1.tet for read (binary)

real    0m0.006s
user    0m0.000s
sys    0m0.000s
[PARSEC] [----------    End of output    ----------]
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] BIBLIOGRAPHY
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] [1] Bienia. Benchmarking Modern Multiprocessors. Ph.D. Thesis,
2011.
[PARSEC]
[PARSEC] Done.

I was able to run the facesim component of parsec 2.1.