[parsec-users] How to pin threads to cores

Binh Q. Pham binhpham at cs.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 25 15:59:54 EDT 2013

Hi Shervin,
You can search for pthread_setaffinity_np, and search in the code for the place where a new thread is launched to insert this in.
I believe gem5 has a PARSEC set up that is ready to run inside the simulator , so you should check first if there is already a way to bind threads to cores in gem5. If there is anything specific to gem5, I think you better post it there.

Best,
Binh