[parsec-users] About VIPS's synchronization

Zhunping Zhang jzz at mit.edu
Thu Mar 7 00:20:33 EST 2013

Dear VIPsers,

Wonder if anyone can enlighten me how VIPS handles input synchronization. As I
understand, an operation in VIPS read inputs from several images and outputs to
one. The output images is shredded into blocks to be processed in parallel.
Evaluating two different blocks might depend on the same pixel in the input
images, and some synchronization method is needed to avoid races. May I know
how VIPs implement this? (Pointing to line numbers would be really helpful.)

Cheers,
Justin