[parsec-users] Fluidanimate issue with TBB

Natalia Hering hering.natalia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 12:15:06 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am running the fluidanimate application (from parsec 3.0) using TBBs and
when I run it with the native input (for example
parsecmgmt -a run -p fluidanimate -c gcc-tbb -i native -n 8)
it is failing to save the output file due to assertion failure

Number of cells: 229900
Number of particles: 501642
Saving file "out.fluid"...
fluidanimate: tbb.cpp:423: void SaveFile(const char*): Assertion `count ==
numParticles' failed.
/home/natalia/Documents/parsec-3.0/bin/parsecmgmt: line 1154: 23342
Aborted                 (core dumped)
/home/natalia/Documents/parsec-3.0/pkgs/apps/fluidanimate/inst/amd64-linux.gcc-tbb/bin/fluidanimate
8 500 in_500K.fluid out.fluid

I run the initial source code (tbb.cpp) in different machines and I receive
the same result (only for native input). Did you experience similar issue?

Thank you very much,
Natalia