[parsec-users] Canneal Program

George Kurian georgekurian.086 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 02:56:27 EDT 2013

I know that canneal has a huge sequential initialization portion where it
sets up the netlist. Did you measure the ILP in that too? To not measure
the initialization region, compile using gcc-hooks and measure the ILP in
just the ROI (region-of-interest).

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Jason F <snorlaxgb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a proprietary simulator that measures the amount of ILP in a
> given benchmark. I noticed when I go from small to large instruction set
> for Canneal, the ILP is significantly smaller for large.
>
> Anyone know why that is?
> I assumed a large set provides more parallelism.

George Kurian
5th year Graduate Student,
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL),
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.