[parsec-users] FACESIM: validating CG and Newton residuals

Raul Vidal raul.vidal at bsc.es
Mon Aug 4 17:54:12 EDT 2014

Hi,
I'm using this benchmark in a project and I made some changes to it. The
CG iterations return slightly different values after some frames but the
Newton residual is identical.
I'd like to know how could I validate my results, for example, the
newton residual could change big enough that the positions might end
being different for a number of frames.
I was thinking on some statistical test but I'm not sure of what would
be the best choice for that, ie, you have a value and see if its
evolution is in the trust interval. Any clue on that?
Thanks.

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer