[parsec-users] PARSEC 3.0 uptcpip on SPARC

Ozan Tuncer otuncer at bu.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:12:36 EST 2014

Hi all,

When I want to build the uptcpip library on Solaris 10 & SPARC T3, I got
the following error:

 # parsecmgmt -a build -p uptcpip
[PARSEC] Packages to build:  parsec.uptcpip

[PARSEC] [========== Building package parsec.uptcpip [] ==========]
[PARSEC] [---------- Analyzing package parsec.uptcpip ----------]
[PARSEC] parsec.uptcpip does not depend on any other packages.
[PARSEC] [---------- Building package parsec.uptcpip ----------]
[PARSEC] Copying source code of package parsec.uptcpip.
[PARSEC] Running 'env /usr/sfw/bin/gmake':
cp: cannot access include/sun4v
gmake: *** [uptcp] Error 2
[PARSEC] Error: 'env /usr/sfw/bin/gmake' failed.

It seems like i386 and x86_64 have their own library folders, but there is
no folder for SPARC (sun4v). Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks a lot!

Ozan