[parsec-users] (no subject)

shervin hajiamini hajamini_2006 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 17:54:00 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I want to run canneal with checkpoints inserted in the parsec source code at the start and the end of the region of interest (ROI). In 'hooks.c' file I have put 'm5_checkpoint(0,0)' in _parsec_roi_begin() and in _parsec_roi_end() after 'm5_dumpreset_stats(0.0)'.
After running cannal on Gem5 I see that there is only one checkpoint created which is at the start of ROI. I don't know why the second checkpoint(at the end of ROI) is not created.

I appreciate if anybody lets me know how I can enable inserting 'm5_checkpoint(0,0)' at the end of the ROI. Here is the code wherein I insert checkpointing command after dump/reset ROI. I have also attached 'hook.c' file to this email.

void __parsec_roi_end() {
  #if DEBUG
  num_roi_ends++;
  assert(num_bench_begins==1);