[parsec-users] Insert m5_exit after ROI in hooks file

shervin hajiamini hajamini_2006 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 02:17:26 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I want to run Canneal on Gem5 (with alpha processors) such that the simulation stops right after the ROI finishes. For this purpose I modify hooks.c file (parsec-2.1/pkgs/libs/hooks/src/hooks.c) wherein I insert m5_exit(0) inside  __parsec_roi_end() function. I have modified alpha_m5.S, configs.h and alpha-gcc-hooks.bldconf in order to enable m5_exit function. However these modifications do not take effect the simulation behavior and the simulation continues to the end of the benchmark (ignoring m5_exit command in hooks.c file). I build Canneal with the following command:

parsecmgmt -a build -c alpha-gcc-hooks -p canneal

Also I doubt hooks.c file is built at all. I've been wondering to solve this problem for a long while and I greatly appreciate any help.

Regards,
Shervin Amini