[parsec-users] Problem with running facesim in gem5

Justin Z. gnipnuhz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:44:50 EDT 2014

For the first error, facesim actually partitions the mesh offline into like
2, 4, and 8 partitions. I guess it didn't partition it into 10, 12, and 14
partitions. Because it statically assigns one partition to one thread,
therefore you cannot run it with 10, 12 or 14 threads. You can try
partition the mesh yourself or use the 16-way partitioned data and feed
that onto less than 16 threads dynamically. Both sounds pretty hard.

For the second error, can you look at whether the file it complains exists?

-z