[parsec-users] one-processor splash2x?

Waleed wkohlani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:45:32 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm a first time user and I was interested in running the single-thread
(serial) version of all the benchmarks included in parsec-3.0 (for a
special-purpose study).

I wanted to ask if the splash2x benchmarks can be configured for running in
single-thread mode?
When I try to run them serially, the process just aborts with a (-1) exit
code.
Actually, the following code is inserted in most of these splash2x
workloads:
{fprintf(stderr, "No more processors -- this is a uniprocessor
version!\n"); exit(-1);};

So, the question is: can I run these workloads serially? If so, how? Do I
just comment out the "exit()" call or do I need to make further
modifications to the code to allow this?

I know that the splash2 (not splash2x) might be run serially; but the
problem is that they only run the "test" input set which is too small for
my study.

Thanks in advance for your help.