[parsec-users] Question about the build configs of PARSEC 2.1

Shang Li shangli at umd.edu
Thu Jan 29 21:42:20 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm new to PARSEC, now running some benchmarks on v2.1. I'm wondering
what's the difference between different build configs(e.g. gcc-serial,
gcc-pthreads...)? By literal it means to build the program in a different
way(serial or more parallel)?

I ran a test on package *canneal*, it turns out that the results are close
(3m34s by gcc-serial, 3m31s by gcc-pthreads).

So is there a more detailed documentation about the build configs? I've
looked into the wiki page and man page and didn't find much about it.

Thanks,
Shang