[sndtools] Help :)

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sat Dec 9 22:33:40 EST 2006

Hi Khalid!

Welcome and sorry you are having trouble.

First of all, have you tried the windows executable?

http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek/files/sndpeek-1.1-
exe.zip

To figure out why sndpeek isn't compiling, can you provide the
following information?

- MSVC++ version
- the text of first few compilation errors
- are you using the .dsw files provided with the download?

It's weird you are getting an error in DirectSound.  A version of it
should be included with MSVC++ (6.0 and up).  sndpeek should be happy
with DirectSound 5.0 and later, though sometimes it is necessary to
force the compiler to use version 5.0.

Thanks and I hope we can resolve this issue.

Best,
Ge!