[sndtools] MP3...

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Dec 12 09:53:36 EST 2006

Hi Khalid!

It would be really cool to add mp3 decoding capabilities to sndpeek,
which currently only supports aiff, wav, au, snd!  I don't have
experience with the MAD library, but the end goal here would be to
decode a mp3 file or stream into buffers of mono audio samples which
sndpeek can process.  I would suggest looking at the current file
reading code in sndpeek.cpp, and perhaps write a similar segment for
reading buffers from the MAD library.  Let us know how this goes!

Best,
Ge!