[sndtools] read from audiobus

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Oct 6 16:59:56 EDT 2006

Hi thor!!!

Great to see ya here.

> sndpeek is fantastic, as most of the stuff you guys brew.

Thanks!

> I'm trying to let sndpeek read from my audio out and not mic input
> or playback of a file. I'd like to be able to switch to different
> channels of my soundcard (8 channels)

Unfortunately, the current version of sndpeek doesn't support this.  We
actually have a newer version on the way - which also doesn't have this
feature - but we'll add the ability to select input audio device, and
channel number to visualize.  We'll also look into piping the audio out
into sndpeek.  Currently, you can do this via JACK or soundflower, but
I am not sure how good the performance is.

Thanks for the feedback - we'll definitely take it into consideration!

Best,
Ge!