[sndtools] Compiling rt_lpc [OSX]

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 10 17:32:40 EDT 2006

Hi (again) Dan!

Taking a quick look through the code, I'd guess it may be a
combination of compiling on osx-intel (which we've never done for
rt_lpc) and possibly some earlier hacks I put into RtAudio (a much
older version is included with rt_lpc) to compensate for when the
input and output audio devices are different in the function where
the crash occurred.  Two things to check are what audio devices are
used for input and output, and also how many channels are being
opened.  If you haven't yet, try running rt_lpc with mic-in as the
input, and built-in audio as the output, and see if it still
crashes.  If the crash persists, then that debug gdb log might be our
next focus.

There is an upcoming release of sndpeek + rt_lpc, and we'll do our
best to ensure things work properly on osx-intel.

Best,
Ge!