[sndtools] sndpeek-1.3 released

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Apr 22 23:28:11 EDT 2007

Hi all!

It's been a while since the last (and uh only) sndpeek release, so
here is another:

     http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek/

It includes many additional options (both command line and run time),
including adjustable log frequency scaling, waterfall depth,
previewing sound file playback, and many more.  Most of the cool
features of this release were produced while working with the
marvelous John Chowning in visualizing the classic piece "Stria".
Our deep gratitudes to John for involving us and sndpeek in an
awesome project.  In other sndpeek news, sndpeek was used in the
Power of Music and Sound Exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota,
presented by Fred Brink and team!

We realize there are many features on the queue, and plan to tackle
them next.  In the meantime please let us know how sndpeek-1.3 works
for you.  Also, let us know of any issues in the new release.

Finally, please feel free to share how you are using sndpeek and
friends in your work and/or teaching.  We'd love to hear about it!

Thank you and peek well.

Best,
tools-o-sound
(Perry, Ananya, Ge)