[sndtools] rt_lpc question

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue May 8 19:06:06 EDT 2007

Hi Robert!

> First of all, thanks for some of the greatest freeware applications I've
> seen!

Wow, we thank you for the interest!

> I'm trying to use rt_lpc on a windows pc, but I can't seem to find the
> programme's desired input source. I've tried every one I have! Any
> advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm using a E-Mu 1616m
> card, but also tried the on board inputs of my pc.

Are you seeing any error messages when starting rt_lpc?  Or is rt_lpc
opening successfully but there is no visible input signal?  Or something
else?

> Furthermore, would you consider publishing a detailed layout of the
> "architecture" (down to electrical/logical components) so I can
> re-build it in Reaktor and use LPC as a VST voice effect plugin?

Hmm, the closest thing we have to any "architecture" docs is this
fairly random page we made:

     http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/RT_LPC

We did try to "encapsulate" the set of LPC analysis/synthesis
functionalities in the library part of rt_lpc.  You might find this
useful as a starting point to implement LPC related software.  Do let
us know if you have questions.

Thanks!

Best,
sndtools team