[sndtools] Hi there, can anyone help with sndtools on XP ?

Bob Alexander gogonegro at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:44:31 EDT 2011

Dear friends,
yesterday I DLed sndtools on the Mac and it works great.

Today I DLed the Windows version from
http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek/files/sndpeek-1.3-exe.zipand
upon running it I get the command line window and the graphical
presentation running but without any sound activity.

The PC on which  I am running is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 and tried with both
the builtin and an headphone mics without any results.

If I run Audacity or other applications which record sound, or Skype the
mic/headphone work just perfectly.

Any idea on what I could attempt ?

Thanks a lot
Robert

PS I have DLed this for my son which plays the electric bass and would like
to give a real life demonstration of the properties of sound playing it at
school for his physics class ! It's in 4 days (saturday) so I really hope to
get this working ! :)