[sndtools] Hi there, can anyone help with sndtools on XP ?

Bob Alexander gogonegro at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:39:31 EDT 2011

Hi Ananya and thanks a lot for replying !

In the command winow I see:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\down\sndpeek-1.3-exe\bin>sn
dpeek
sndpeek + wutrfall (1.3b)
Ge Wang, Perry R. Cook, Ananya Misra
http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/

followed by the help for the keys plus the usual graphic window opening with
no action at all. The q key or any other for that matter do not seem to
work.

Pressing Ctrl-C in the command window or closing the graphical window
terminates the program.

I launched sndpeek.exe on a WAV file and it works perfectly well.

If I may air a suspicion is that sndpeek is not "understanding" which device
is the microphone.

Thanks for any further help in pinpointing the problem.

Robert

PS Is there any other real time application albeit not as nice which will
show a waveform / spectral analysis of a sound picked up by a mic in a Win
PC ?