[sndtools] sndpeek on OS X 10.7 Lion?

Will Styler william.styler at Colorado.EDU
Fri Sep 2 20:23:38 EDT 2011

Hello all,

So, I'm attempting to run the sndpeek binary from the website on OS X 10.7 'Lion', and starting it up results in a "Bus Error: 10".  Compiling from source (using make osx) works (with warnings), but running it results in a crash with "Segmentation Fault: 11".   I'm afraid my C++ skills aren't quite good enough to figure out the issue myself, so I'm at the mercy of the list.

Has anybody had any luck getting sndpeek running on Lion?  I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's one of the better tools out there for demonstrating (to a class of students) the relationship between waveforms, spectra and spectrograms.

Thanks much for any advice you can give!

Will