[sndtools] Derek Holzer: sndpeek question

Derek Holzer macumbista at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:26:26 EST 2013

Hi Perry,

thanks for the reply. Actually, I was hoping to keep as much resolution
as possible, so zooming in on pixels isn't really what I am after. Also,
the waveforms frequently go off the edge of the screen. I figured if
there was code already existing for moving one of the displayed items
around, it wouldn't be too hard to apply that to another item. However,
I'm not much of a programmer, so no, I won't be spending much time on
that option.

Best wishes!
Derek

On 09/03/13 20:12 PM, Perry Cook wrote:
> Derek,
>
> One hack that might work is that you can use the control/zoom
> on Mac to zoom into that area of the screen.  Depending on your
> OS version and trackpad, that might work.  On my Snow Leopard it's:
>
> <control> two-fingers-on-trackpad, swipe up to zoom in,
> then use trackpad/mouse as normal to center things.
>
> It's possible you could use the external video, non-mirrored, to get
> the lissajous where you want it on a projector, and still retain the
> ability to do other stuff on the other screen, if that's needed.  I haven't
> tried this.
>
> Another option might be to do some hacking and recompile, but I
> bet you're not interested in spending the time to figure all that out
> (I wouldn't be).
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> PRC
>
> On Mar 9, 2013, at 5:22 AM, Derek Holzer wrote:
>
>> Dear sndtools people,
>>
>> it seems that this Princeton mailing list is more for developers than for basic questions like this, I hope you don't mind. I would like to use the Lissajous function of sndpeek for realtime visualization during a sound performance. Is there a way to get that display centered in the screen?
>>
>> Thanks and best wishes!
>> Derek
>> --
>> derek holzer