[colloquium] PICASso Talk today!

Sandy Barbu barbu at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 7 10:57:20 EST 2005

** PICASso:
** Program in Integrative Information, Computer and Application Sciences
** www.cs.princeton.edu/picasso
** Monday, November 7, 2005

Interdisciplinary Computational Lunchtime Seminars
www.cs.princeton.edu/picasso?computational_lunch.html
------------------

TITLE:	Computing the Future of Biomedicine
SPEAKER:	Chris Johnson, Ph.D.,Director, Scientific Computing and
		Imaging Institute, Distinguished Professor, School of
Computing,
		University of Utah
TIME:		Seminar begins at 12:30 p.m. (lunch provided at 12:20)
LOCATION:	Room 105, CS Small Auditorium

ABSTRACT:

Computers have changed the way we live, work, and even recreate.

Now, they are transforming how we think about and treat human disease.

Advanced techniques in biomedical computing, imaging, and visualization are
already changing the face of biology and medicine in both research and
clinical practice. These techniques have the potential to provide
comprehensive models and views of the human body in unprecedented depth and
detail. As a result, biomedical computing and visualization will help
produce exciting new biomedical scientific discoveries and clinical
treatments. In this talk, I will discuss the state of the art in biomedical
computing, medical imaging, and visualization research and present examples
of their vital roles in cardiology, neuroscience, neurosurgery, and
radiology.

SIGN UP FOR THE PICASSO MAILING LIST:

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO OTHER COMPUTATIONALLY-ORIENTED RESEARCHERS
WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN THESE EVENTS, OR FUTURE PROGRAMS.
THANKS!

PICASso mailing list
PICASso at lists.cs.princeton.edu