[talks] Friday Feb 22 noon: Ian Buck->John Danskin, nVidia, "GPU Computing"

Adam Finkelstein af at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Feb 22 09:49:05 EST 2008

The talk is as planned at noon; however, due to a canceled flight we have
a change of speaker and slight change in emphasis:

Speaker: John Danskin
Title: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Graphics Processor: development and direction
Time/Place: Today, noon, Computer Science Bldg, room 302

Abstract:
The GeForce 8800 and its derivative architectures are the fastest
available graphics processors. In an architectural departure, they are
significantly more flexible than previouos processors. In this talk Dr.
Danskin will discuss our goals for the 8800, the decision making
process, new architectural features, performance, and some challenges
for the future.  Dr. Danskin is Vice President of GPU Architecture at
NVIDIA, Chief Architect for the GeForce 8800 GPU, and holds a PhD in
Computer Science from Princeton University.