[talks] FW: CS Events Calendar

Ginny Hogan gch at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Feb 18 10:40:25 EST 2009

  _____

From: Laura Cummings-Abdo [mailto:lcumming at Princeton.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:34 AM
To: Ginny Hogan
Subject: CS Events Calendar

Hi Ginny,

Could you put this on the CS Events Calendar?  Thanks.

Symposium: Community and Municipal Wireless Systems

Title: Community and Municipal Wireless Systems
When: Thursday, March 5, 2009 - 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Where: Woodrow Wilson School, Robertson Hall, Bowl 1

The Center is committed to bringing together technologists and policy
scholars around critical issues in the regulation of technology and the use
of technology to achieve policy ends. We have identified the complex set of
issues around community and municipal wireless as an especially important
topic, due to its potential to address issues of equity in access to the
Internet and related technologies, as well as its potential to increase the
effectiveness of municipal services. At the same time, we recognize that
wireless projects have met with mixed success, and that both technical and
political/economic issues remain to be resolved. We hope that this symposium
will clarify the state of play, point to challenges and unanswered
questions, and perhaps inspire some students and younger scholars to take a
long-term interest in this area.

Panelists:

H. Vincent Poor, Dean of Princeton University's Engineering School

Sharon Gillett, Commissioner of the State of Massachusetts Department of
Telecommunications and Cable

Greg Goldman, Chief Executive Officer, Wireless Philadelphia

Sascha Meinrath, Research Director, New America Foundation Wireless Futures
Program and Coordinator, Open Source Wireless Coalition

http://citp.princeton.edu/events/community-wireless-panel/

Laura Cummings-Abdo

Program Assistant

Center for Information Technology Policy

Princeton University

Sherrerd Hall, Room 303

Princeton, NJ  08544

Tel:   609-258-9658