[talks] Fwd: Adi's talk Monday

Moses S. Charikar moses at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 5 11:41:02 EST 2013

Adi Shamir will be speaking at IAS this coming Monday, Dec 9. Details below:

Cheers,
Moses

How Cryptosystems Are REALLY Broken

	Computer Science/Discrete Mathematics Seminar I
	Topic: 	How Cryptosystems Are REALLY Broken
	Speaker: 	Adi Shamir
	Affiliation: 	Weizmann Institute
	Date: 	Monday, December 9
	Time/Room: 	11:15am - 12:15pm/S-101
Most of the cryptosystems we currently use are highly secure, and cannot be broken with reasonable complexity by mathematical cryptanalysis. However, over the last fifteen years researchers have developed many types of physical attacks on their implementations which can easily bypass their mathematical security. In this talk I will survey some of the latest techniques of this type, and show how difficult it is to build a truly secure communication systems.