[talks] Colloquium Speaker: John Langford, Friday May 6, 12:30pm

Nicole E. Wagenblast nwagenbl at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon May 2 14:32:43 EDT 2016

Colloquium Speaker
John Langford, Microsoft Research
Friday, May 6, 12:30pm
Computer Science 105

How to make an Infovore

An Infovore is an information-based entity that explores the world, learns, and applies these learnings effectively. In essence: a form of weak AI. We have been working on a general-purpose infovore for making decisions using elements of contextual bandits, systems, and experts-style learning that has now been successfully deployed at large scale. I will discuss the architecture of the infovore, the key results upon which it relies, and how everything works together to enable true open-loop learning in the real world.