[talks] ACM/IEEE Computer Graphics Film Show - October 20, 2016

Nicole E. Wagenblast nwagenbl at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Oct 20 10:12:27 EDT 2016

The Princeton ACM / IEEE-CS chapters kick off our season of meetings with
the annual computer graphics film show, featuring the latest and greatest
computer animations direct from the ACM SIGGRAPH conference held this summer.

These films were selected for the juried Computer Animation Festival at the
conference, to demonstrate advancements in graphics research, highlight
creative visual effects, educate with scientific visualizations, and show
the many uses of real-time game rendering engines. These graphics were
created by large organizations and individuals, professional animators and
students, on high-end supercomputers and ordinary personal computers.
Come and enjoy our most popular meeting of each year!

As in the past few years, we will be co-celebrating Martin Gardner's 102nd
birthday by hosting a Celebration of Mind party (see http://www.g4g-com.org)
as part of our meeting. Gardner (1914-2010) was the editor of the
Mathematical Games column of Scientific American from 1956-1981. Plan to
arrive at 7:30pm for refreshments and a special guest speaker, with the
graphics video show starting around 8:15pm.

All Princeton ACM / IEEE-CS meetings are open to the public.
Students and their parents are welcome. There is no admission
charge, and refreshments are served.