[talks] Mojgan Ghasemi will present her Pre FPO on Tuesday, April 25th, 3:30-5:30pm in J401, Engineering Quadrangle

Nicki Gotsis ngotsis at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Apr 20 10:26:55 EDT 2017

Mojgan Ghasemi will present her Pre FPO on Tuesday April 25th, 3:30-5:30pm in J401, Engineering Quadrangle.

The members of her committee are Jennifer Rexford (Advisor, reader), Theophilus Benson (reader - Duke), Mung Chiang (reader), Nick Feamster (non-reader), Prateek Mittal (non-reader).

Everyone is invited to attend her talk. The talk title and abstract follow below:

Title:

Data-Driven Management of CDN Performance

Abstract:

Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) carry most of the web content, with the goal of offering good performance to users while keeping the cost low. In this talk, we introduce measurement and analysis techniques to help CDNs balance these goals.

First, we allocate resources across the distributed edge servers to jointly minimize network latency and cache miss rates, and evaluate our methods using server request logs from a commercial CDN. Second, we introduced fine-grained measurement of the end-to-end video delivery path to detect and diagnose performance problems for a commercial content provider.Finally, we dive deeper into diagnosing network problems by monitoring TCP connections directly in the network devices.