[talks] ACM/IEEE Computer Graphics Film Show - October 18, 2018

Szymon Rusinkiewicz smr at princeton.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:56:26 EDT 2018

The Princeton ACM / IEEE-CS chapters kick off our season of meetings
with the annual computer graphics film show, featuring the latest and
greatest computer-animated short films direct from the ACM SIGGRAPH
conference held this summer.

These films were selected for the juried Computer Animation Festival
at the conference, to demonstrate advancements in graphics research,
highlight creative visual effects, educate with scientific visualizations,
and show the many uses of real-time game rendering engines.  These films
were created by large organizations and individuals, professional animators
and students, on high-end clusters and ordinary personal computers.
Prof. Szymon Rusinkiewicz will be providing commentary on the computer
graphics techniques used in these films.

Come and enjoy our most popular meeting of each year!

As in the past, we will be co-celebrating Martin Gardner's 104th birthday
by hosting a Celebration of Mind party (http://www.celebrationofmind.org/)
as part of our meeting.  Gardner (1914-2010) was the editor of the
Mathematical Games column of Scientific American from 1956-1981, and we will
be celebrating the things that delighted him - puzzles, games, math, magic
and more!  Plan to arrive at 7:30pm for refreshments and a special guest
speaker, with the film show starting around 8:15pm.

All Princeton ACM / IEEE-CS meetings are open to the public.
Students and their parents are welcome.  There is no admission charge,
and refreshments are served.