[Topic-models] Regarding LDA

Veena T veenat2005 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:08:33 EST 2008

Hello,

This regarding the LDA model for document corpus.
I have read the paper and found that at the end of learning, we have to
estimate two parametrs:
1. beta
2. alpha
in addition to the variational parameters.

If I am correct,
1)we have to estimate KxV number of (beta) parameters where K corresponds to
the number of factors and V corresponds to the cardinality of the
multinomial variable (w)m.
2) We have to estimate MxK number of (alpha) parameters where M corresponds
to the number of documents considered.

Please tell me whether my understanding about the number of paremeters to be
estimated is correct or not?

regards
veena

--