[Topic-models] Training Classifier with multi-labeled data (Daniel Ramage)

Pew Putthividhya pewster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:22:38 EDT 2010

Hi List:

we did something similar to Shuang Hong's paper but with emphasis on the
application of image annotation. The idea is that you treat an image as a
document and treat caption words as class labels. Since each image is
annotated with multiple caption words (each document has multiple class
labels), we extend the original sLDA model to account for multivariate
Bernoulli response variable of caption words. Instead of a 1-dimensional
response variable, we have a T-dimensional multivariate Bernoulli response
variable where T is the number of terms in the caption vocabulary. Our
variational inference algorithm seems quite similar to the Shuang Hong's
paper since we also use the convex dual representation of logistic sigmoid
function to make the computation tractable. Please check out our icassp 2010
paper attached in this email.

thanks,
-Pew Putthividhya