[Topic-models] Error using HDP (with Split-Merge Operations)

Ritesh Kasat rkasat at usc.edu
Sat Mar 12 01:56:07 EST 2016

I am using Hierarchical Dirichlet Process (with Split-Merge Operations) written by Chong Wang.

I am using a corpus of 232642 documents represented in lda-c format with 10,000 terms. When I run this software with this data on my Macbook Pro(El Capitan),

I get the following Error message :

Program starts with following parameters:
algorithm:          = train
data_path:          = /Users/ritesh/lda-c
directory:          = /Users/ritesh/result/
max_iter            = 1000
save_lag            = 100
init_topics         = 0
random_seed         = 1457765131
gamma_a             = 1.00
gamma_b             = 1.00
alpha_a             = 1.00
alpha_b             = 1.00
eta                 = 0.50
#restricted_scans   = 5
split-merge         = no
sampling hyperparam = no

reading data from /Users/ritesh/lda-c
number of docs  : 232642
number of terms : 10000
number of total words : 14209033
gsl: ../gsl/gsl_rng.h:200: ERROR: invalid n, either 0 or exceeds maximum value of generator
Default GSL error handler invoked.
Abort trap: 6

How can I resolve this error? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ritesh Kasat