[Topic-models] Hiring Full-time Data Scientist of Machine Learning and AI at Etsy!

Hong, Liangjie hongliangjie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:55:19 EST 2016

We are hiring Data Scientist of Machine Learning and AI at Etsy!

Apply Now: https://www.etsy.com/careers/job/oRqi4fwn

Description
==========================
Etsy is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in
Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to advancing E-commerce related fields
by building technologies that help Etsy buyers and sellers discover and
celebrate handmade goods from all over the world. We are seeking
individuals passionate in areas such as Machine Learning, Data Mining,
Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing,
Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision. Our data
scientists have the opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply
their ideas in the dynamic world of E-commerce in strengthening Etsy’s
global marketplace. Data scientists can publish their innovations at top
tier conferences such as KDD, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, WWW, WSDM,
SIGIR and etc. This position would be based in Brooklyn, New York.

Who We Are
==========================
* An amazing team of 7 Data Scientists with diverse backgrounds, including
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Linguistics and Physics.
* We have members from Yahoo Research and IBM Research.
* We have Data Scientists who won Best Industrial Paper in KDD 2014, Best
Research Paper in RecSys 2014, Best Research Paper Nominee in WSDM 2013 and
Best Poster Paper in WWW 2011.
* We value original research that can drive technologies and visions of
products.

What We’re Working On
==========================
* Recommendation and Personalization
* Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
* Deep Learning
* Image Processing and Understanding
* Text Understanding
* Learning to Ranking for Search and Ads
* Fraud and Abuse Detection
* Large-scale Machine Learning

Who You Are
==========================
* You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a
solid mission.
* You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with
techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems,
Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational
Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
* You have a Ph.D. degree in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender
Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational
Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
* You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with
relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ and etc.).
* You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data
technologies.
* You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
* You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
* You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex
problems by adapting creative approaches.
* You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers
around you grow and learn.

What we care about
* Curiosity and humility.  We are dedicated to learning and constantly
improving.  We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and
have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
* Keeping it real.  Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we
do.  We care about how our work affects real people in the community and
enjoy opportunities to meet them.  We are motivated by this mission every
day.

What's Next