[Topic-models] ctm-c compile error in makefile

Weining Hu weininghu1012 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:16:54 EDT 2017

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply!  I think the process is still not very
smooth. When I go to step :

--with-netlib-lapack-tarfile=/home/whaley/dload/lapack-3.4.1.tgz

I could not have this step go through. It started with error:

Vector ISA Extension configured as  AVXMAC (4,976)

ERROR: enum fam=3, chip=2, model=61, mach=0

make[3]: *** [atlas_run] Error 44

make[2]: *** [IRunArchInfo_x86] Error 2

There is not much online sources for the fix. Would you please have a
look into it? Thank you!

On 29 March 2017 at 13:44, Sauparna Palchowdhury <sauparna.palc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The ATLAS library (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net) is not installed
> on your machine. Try this:
>
> Get the software from here, there is a link to the zip file:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/math-atlas/files/Stable/
>
> Then, follow the steps mentioned at the bottom of this page starting
> with 'bunzip2 -c ...':
> http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/atlas_install/node6.html
>
> I use a Mac where compilation fails because of a missing 'glsl'
> library but not for a missing 'latlas'. I haven't put in the time to
> work around that, but my (theoretical) understanding is installing the
> ATLAS library could solve your issue.
>
> If you are stuck please post the error logs again, I'll take a look.
>
> -
> rup
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:14 AM, Weining Hu <weininghu1012 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > When I try to run the compile step
> > https://github.com/Blei-Lab/ctm-c/blob/master/README
> > I came into this error:
> >
> > make
> >
> > gcc inference.o gsl-wrappers.o ctm.o estimate.o corpus.o params.o -o ctm
> -lm
> > -lgsl -latlas -lgslcblas
> >
> > ld: library not found for -latlas
> >
> > clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> > invocation)
> >
> > make: *** [mac] Error 1
> >

> > Could you have a look into it? Thanks!
> >

> > --