[Topic-models] Topic assignment of words

Gulhan, Doga C Doga_Gulhan at hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 1 15:40:33 EDT 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for implementing topic models and providing the R package. I am trying to use this method for mutational signature analysis in whole genome sequences. I read on github that this was the platform for asking questions.

I was wondering why the covariance matrix is K-1 dimensional and not a square matrix of size of topics?

Another question I have is about how words in each document are associated to a topic. In the cases when a particular word occurs in a document several times, are all of such cases associated to a single topic. If a word belongs to multiple topics and if a document contains more than one of these topics, then shouldn't the same word be assigned to different topics in the same document? Based on 'wordassignments' this is not what is happening. Did I get it correctly?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Doga