[chuck-users] how is this "on the fly"?

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:19:51 EDT 2007

> You can't take it on a mobile-phone, at least not yet that I know off.

Hey Kassen, I did mention at the livecode list that I am interested in using
mobile phones as controllers for all sorts of things - especially audio
synthesis.
However, I never expected to load Chuck onto a phone!

The current Nokia series allows developers only wave playback, and that too
one file at a time. I also have no access to mic input directly, it has to
be
recorded. I am working with extreme constraints here, so I am a bit lost you
see.
The only good thing is that I can write for the phone using Python.

However, one solution was this. I can easily control ChucK
running off a laptop through a Nokia handset via bluetooth. Now I would
probably project a
graphical interface to control ChucK onto the screen, and press various
blocks
on it using the cellphone.

The rest as you suggested, can be done in various ways, but I'm still trying
all those
things out.